Monday, April 24, 2006

Humble Pie

So we got a chance to practice our hand-to-hand combat again today. As most of you know, I've never been much of a fighter, but this was supposed to be a controlled exercise, so I gave it my all. I was holding my own, practicing my drills with men about my size while we were learning new techniques. Then they divided us up for these three minute, full speed, full strength matches. Lucky me, I get a thick staff seargent who was a prior wrestler, grappling instructor and worked as a bouncer for the past several years. I think my enlisted guys live for days like these, when they finally get a chance to legally inflict some pain on their superior officers! Needless to say, I lasted about 90 seconds before being placed in a submissive choke hold. It really was great training and my partner was a great sport and felt that I had held on much longer than he had anticipated I would. My revenge will come. I think I'll put him through an hour long lecture on the coagulation pathways. A much slower and more agonizing submission.

1 comment:

ROB_ROI said...

Put him in the sleeper hold!