Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Predeployment


This publication is unofficial and unsanctioned. The material herein is solely the opinion of the editor and it's participants. It is intended for private use only and in no way represents the views of the US Army, the AMEDD or TF21. In an effort to maintain some operational security, names, dates, times and places may often be omitted.

Having said that, please feel free to comment away. I'll take you through my journey during this most historic time as I fulfill my obligation to my country and to my fellow soldiers. Seen above is our able and well respected commander, COL J, TF21 served the country during a brief deployment to New Orleans during the Katrina Relief Efforts. COL J and I are seen here in our portable Emergency Room in the New Orleans Convention Center.

Our mission during the hurricane relief really was essential in setting the tone for the unit. We were able to deploy, accomplish a mission with a great deal of success and very little error, and redeploy in <2 months time. Team cohesion began down in New Orleans, especially for those of us only recently assigned to the unit.

2 comments:

Brian Kenny said...

Very nice, very nice.

Máma Leche said...

sweet, kahilidoc. I look forward to reading more about what's going on with you rather than finding out about it 3rd hand. Best of luck in Iraq! Much love, Barbellina / Hannoush